The HELIX program is free of charge and designed to help youth meet age-appropriate Social/Emotional Learning Standards (SEL) of the Illinois State Board of Education. You can read more about those standards HERE.
While HELIX is sponsored by St. John, our programming does not promote any particular religious affiliation or dogma, and we welcome youth of all religions or no religion.
The name HELIX is an acronym that spells out our values:
- Honor one another, including others’ personhood, values, and beliefs
- Engage with one another in a spirit of openness and learning
- Listen to one another, respecting others’ words, stories, feelings, and thoughts
- Include and welcome all people in our community into our lives, no matter who they are or where they are on life’s journey
- Be an eXample to others in our decisions, words, and actions